This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client's medication administration record indicates that the drug is to be given q4h. The nurse ... (Read 43 times)

scienceeasy

A client's medication administration record indicates that the drug is to be given q4h. The nurse understands that q4h indicates the frequency of administration. What does q4h indicate?

A) Every four hours
  B) Every four days
  C) Four times a day
  D) At 0400 hours

Question 2

A physician indicates in the medication order for a client with diabetes that an oral antihyperglycemic is to be taken three times a day. Which of the following standard abbreviation indicates the frequency of administration of this medication?

A) o.d.
  B) b.i.d.
  C) q.i.d.
  D) t.i.d.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

voltaire123

Answer to Question 1

A
The standard abbreviation q4h indicates that the medication needs to be administered every four hours. The abbreviation q.i.d. indicates administration four times each day. There is no standard abbreviation for administration at 0400 or every four days.

Answer to Question 2

D
The physician would use the standard abbreviation t.i.d. to indicate that the drug should be taken three times in a day. The abbreviation o.d. means that the drug needs to be taken every other day; b.i.d. indicates that the drug needs to be taken twice a day. The abbreviation q.i.d. means that the drug needs to be taken four times a day.

scienceeasy

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library