Author Question: The nurse teaches the client interventions to reduce folic acid-deficiency anemia and determines the ... (Read 27 times)

KWilfred

The nurse teaches the client interventions to reduce folic acid-deficiency anemia and determines the teaching was understood a few weeks later when the client states:

1. I've stopped drinking alcohol.
  2. I am eating a banana every day.
  3. I will agree to take the B12 injection.
  4. I am taking my vitamins with iron.

Question 2

When the LPN/LVN determines that a physician-ordered medication is inappropriate, which of the following actions is appropriate? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Contact the prescriber.
  2. Discuss the order with another LPN/LVN.
  3. Document notification of the provider, as well as the provider's response, in the notes.
  4. If the prescriber cannot be reached, administer the medication.
  5. Ask another nurse to administer the medication.

l.stuut

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Alcohol interferes with folic acid absorption and metabolism, so the client who stopped drinking alcohol understood the nurse's teaching. The other options would not relate to folic acid deficiency.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse should contact the prescriber and discuss the rationale for believing the medication or dosage to be inappropriate.