This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse teaches a client about proper foot care and concludes that further teaching is required ... (Read 63 times)

mynx

The nurse teaches a client about proper foot care and concludes that further teaching is required when the client says:

1. I will soak my feet in warm water and alcohol to prevent infection.
  2. I will be careful to dry my feet between the toes.
  3. I will wash any cut with soap and water and apply an antiseptic.
  4. I will notify the nurse if I notice an open sore with drainage on my foot.

Question 2

The nurse is doing an admission physical exam on an older adult. The client is concerned about his blood pressure. The nurse explains:

1. The heart gets smaller with age
  2. The left ventricular chamber wall gets thinner
  3. The arteries are less elastic, and less sensitive
  4. The body's circulation responds quickly to postural or positional changes

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djpooyouma

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The client is encouraged to soak the feet in warm water and Epsom salts to prevent the skin from drying and ultimately to protect against infectionnot alcohol, which can be drying and increase the risk of altered skin integrity. The other responses by the client reflect correct foot care principles.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The heart does not get smaller or atrophy with aging

mynx

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library