Author Question: The nurse identifies which of the following organizations as an important resource when dealing with ... (Read 36 times)

bio_gurl

The nurse identifies which of the following organizations as an important resource when dealing with elder abuse?

1. Administration on Aging
  2. American Association of Retired Persons
  3. National Center on Elder Abuse
  4. Elder Abuse Prevention Center

Question 2

While the nurse is interviewing at a facility, an interviewer asks, What is your religion? What is the best way to answer this question?

1. It is illegal for you to ask me that question.
  2. Do you require that all employees be of a certain religion?
  3. My religion does not influence the way I deliver care to clients, and I don't think it is pertinent to the interview.
  4. I provide nursing care in a culturally sensitive manner to people from all religious backgrounds.

gabrielle_lawrence

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The National Center on Elder Abuse was established by the Administration on Aging to act as a resource to reduce the number of older adults experiencing abuse. The American Association of Retired Persons is an organization that works to improve the lives of older adults. There is no such thing as the Elder Abuse Prevention Center.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: While it is illegal to ask this question, saying that in point blank language would be considered confrontational, and could have negative results. It is best to reassure the interviewer that your religious beliefs, or lack of religious beliefs, will not negatively impact the care you provide to clients.