This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is asked by a client, If you're a new graduate, how do I know you have enough knowledge to ... (Read 19 times)

ahriuashd

The nurse is asked by a client, If you're a new graduate, how do I know you have enough knowledge to take care of me? The nurse best indicates level of knowledge by explaining:

1. I graduated from nursing school.
  2. I passed the NCLEX-PN.
  3. I got good grades in nursing school.
  4. My instructors in nursing school told me I did a good job.

Question 2

The LPN/LVN is preparing to perform a focused assessment by body system. Appropriate actions include:(Select all that apply) Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Explaining the procedure
  2. Instructing clients to retain urine for the procedure
  3. Organizing the assessment so that several body areas can be assessed in one position
  4. Providing for privacy
  5. Preparing equipment

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Toya9913

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The purpose of the NCLEX-PN is to demonstrate that the new nurse has reached the minimum level of competency allowed for licensure, and it helps to protect the public. Good grades in nursing school, graduating from nursing school, and being liked by instructors do not indicate adequate levels of competence.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Explaining the procedure will decrease client anxiety and increase the client's ability to cooperate with the procedure

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library