This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse received an LPN/LVN license upon graduating from nursing school and passing the NCLEX-PN. ... (Read 56 times)

saraeharris

The nurse received an LPN/LVN license upon graduating from nursing school and passing the NCLEX-PN. After receiving a job, the nurse moved, and didn't notify the board of nursing.

The nurse is cleaning out his wallet, and notices the original license expired two weeks ago. What actions must the nurse take? Select all that apply. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. Notify the board of nursing, and arrange to renew the license.
  2. Do not work as a nurse until the license is renewed.
  3. Take the NCLEX-PN again.
  4. Inform the employer of the lapse in licensure.
  5. Pay a late fee in addition to normal costs of renewal.

Question 2

The nurse working in a Planned Parenthood clinic admits a woman who requests a pregnancy test. While waiting for the results, the client asks the nurse, If I'm pregnant, the father could be either of two men I've been seeing.

Can you tell me what day I got pregnant if you know how far along I am, so I can figure out who the father is? The nurse's best response is: 1. Women usually ovulate on the 11-14th day, with the first day of your period being day one. However, every woman is different, so there is no way to know what day you ovulated or became pregnant.
  2. Women usually ovulate on the 14-18th day, with the last day of your period being day one. However, every woman is different, so there is no way to know what day you ovulated or became pregnant
  3. Women usually ovulate on the 14-18th day, with the first day of your period being day one. However, every woman is different, so there is no way to know what day you ovulated or became pregnant
  4. Women usually ovulate on the 11-14th day, with the last day of your period being day one. However, every woman is different, so there is no way to know what day you ovulated or became pregnant

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The nurse cannot legally work as a nurse until his license is renewed, so he should notify his employer and refrain from working until the new license is received. The nurse should notify the board of nursing and arrange for payment of the renewal fee and any late charges. It is not necessary for the nurse to take the NCLEX-PN again in most states unless the license has been expired for an extended period of time (several months).

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The first day of the menstrual period is considered day one of the menstrual cycle. While most women ovulate between the 11th and 14th day of the cycle, every woman is different, and it is possible to ovulate any day of the cycle. While most women have a 28-day cycle, some have shorter cycles and others have longer cycles. It is virtually impossible to determine what day a woman became pregnant.

saraeharris

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

Kedrick2014

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library