This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a high school class about safety, and addresses which of the following issues? ... (Read 25 times)

Alygatorr01285

The nurse is teaching a high school class about safety, and addresses which of the following issues? Select all that apply. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Stranger danger
  2. Use of athletic safety equipment
  3. Driving safety
  4. Substance abuse prevention
  5. Identifying peers at risk for suicide

Question 2

The nurse is instructing the female client how to collect a clean-catch urine specimen, and determines the client understood the instructions when she states:

1. I will wait to collect the last few drops of urine near the end of my stream.
  2. I will make one swipe from back to front with each of these three antiseptic wipes.
  3. I will be careful not to touch the inside of the container or lid.
  4. I will fill the container as full as possible.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cat123

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Adolescent safety teaching includes use of athletic safety equipment, driving safety, substance abuse prevention, and suicide risk. Stranger danger is taught to younger children.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The client should be cautioned not to touch the inside of the container or lid, to prevent contamination. The client should wipe from front to back to avoid E. coli contamination. The client should begin her stream and allow a few drops to pass before beginning collection, and should obtain 30-60 mL of urine ideally, although most testing can be done with a minimum of 5-10 mL.

Alygatorr01285

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library