This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has been interviewing the client who was admitted with a seizure disorder. The nurse plans ... (Read 16 times)

ENagel

The nurse has been interviewing the client who was admitted with a seizure disorder. The nurse plans to begin closing the interview with which of the following statements?

1. Mr. Smith, thank you for your time today.
  2. Mr. Smith, I have to go, and will come back later.
  3. Mr. Smith, I wish you luck and hope you get better soon.
  4. Mr. Smith, are there any questions I can answer for you?

Question 2

As the LPN/LVN collects data about a client, she uses critical thinking skills to: Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Organize data.
  2. Use subjective data to develop nursing diagnoses.
  3. Use objective data to develop nursing diagnoses.
  4. Use irrelevant data to develop nursing diagnoses.
  5. Report information.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

chereeb

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Asking the client if he has any questions signals that the interview is coming to a close but that the nurse is still willing to meet any perceived needs of the client, and serves to begin closing the interview process. Thanking the client for his time or wishing him luck should be done after allowing the client to ask questions; beginning the closing process in such a manner would bring the interview to an abrupt end without warning. Telling the client you have to leave without allowing the client to ask questions or thanking him damages the nurse/client relationship. Wishing him luck implies he needs luck for some reason.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The nurse uses critical thinking skills to organize data in order to develop a nursing diagnosis.

ENagel

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

mammy1697

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library