This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse reviews the neonate's medical record and sees the baby is at 38 weeks' gestation. Which of ... (Read 22 times)

CORALGRILL2014

The nurse reviews the neonate's medical record and sees the baby is at 38 weeks' gestation. Which of the following findings would make the nurse question the accuracy of this gestation?

1. Infant sleeps with extremities flexed.
  2. Square window of 20 degrees
  3. Elbow moves past midline when assessing scarf sign.
  4. Breast tissue measures 0.7 cm.

Question 2

The nurse determines that the client with venous stasis ulcers understood dietary teaching when the client says:

1. I have increased my carbohydrate intake.
  2. I have reduced my sugar intake.
  3. I have increased my protein intake.
  4. I have decreased my fat intake.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AISCAMPING

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: When assessing scarf sign, the term infant's elbow should not reach the midline, where the term infant has more flexibility. The other findings would be appropriate with a term infant.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Increased protein intake is important to replace protein lost through the drainage from the ulcers. In addition, the client needs extra vitamin A, vitamin C, and zinc for wound healing.

CORALGRILL2014

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library