Author Question: The most appropriate restraint for the confused client with severe itching would be: 1. Mitt ... (Read 16 times)

leo leo

The most appropriate restraint for the confused client with severe itching would be:

1. Mitt restraints.
  2. Vest restraint.
  3. Wrist restraint.
  4. Mummy restraint.

Question 2

The nurse instructs the breastfeeding mother on dietary requirements and determines that further teaching is needed when the mother says:

1. I will continue taking my prenatal vitamin for three months.
  2. I will drink at least eight glasses of milk every day.
  3. I will maintain a high-fiber diet by eating fresh fruit and vegetables.
  4. I will increase my calorie intake by 500 kcal per day.

TDubDCFL

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Mitt restraints are used to prevent confused clients from scratching and injuring themselves.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: While the breastfeeding woman should drink at least eight glasses of fluid per day, they should not all be milk, due to the high fat content found in milk. The other statements reflect proper nutrition.