This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse always tries to apply ethical principles in her clinical practice. Which following ... (Read 32 times)

olgavictoria

The nurse always tries to apply ethical principles in her clinical practice. Which following statement reflects the application of the ethical principle of confidentiality?

a. I'm concerned that decreased funding may affect the outpatient program.
  b. I'm going to make sure that the client understands the instructions.
  c. I cannot share that information about the client with you.
  d. I need to get more information about the client's health history.

Question 2

The nurse is completing the preoperative checklist for an adult patient who is scheduled for an operative procedure later in the morning. Which preoperative assessment finding for this patient indicates a need to contact the anaesthesiologist?

a. Temperature 39C
  b. Pulse 90 beats per minute
  c. Respirations 20 breaths per minute
  d. Blood pressure 130/74 mm Hg

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaaaaaaa

Answer to Question 1

C
The statement I cannot share that information about the client with you reflects the application of the ethical principle of confidentiality. Client information is not to be shared with others without client consent.
The statement I'm concerned that decreased funding may affect the outpatient program reflects a concern regarding allocation of resources. It is not a confidentiality issue.
The nurse who makes sure that a client fully understands instructions is being ethically responsi-ble.
The statement I need to get more information about the client's health history reflects data gath-ering. The information that is gathered is to be used for the purpose of providing competent health care and should not be shared with others without the specific consent of the client.

Answer to Question 2

A

Feedback
A An elevated temperature before surgery is a cause for concern. If the patient has an underlying infection, the surgeon may choose to postpone surgery until the infection has been treated. An elevated body temperature increases the risk of fluid and electrolyte imbalance after surgery.
B Anxiety and fear commonly cause elevations in heart rate and blood pressure. A pulse rate of 90 beats per minute is not a concern.
C A respiratory rate of 20 breaths per minute is normal for an adult.
D Anxiety and fear commonly cause elevations in heart rate and blood pressure. A blood pressure of 130/74 mm Hg is not excessively elevated.

olgavictoria

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library