This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which nutrient has no known role in wound healing? a. Vitamin A b. Vitamin C c. Vitamin E d. ... (Read 35 times)

jman1234

Which nutrient has no known role in wound healing?

a. Vitamin A
  b. Vitamin C
  c. Vitamin E
  d. Zinc

Question 2

A teen with an anxiety disorder is referred for biofeedback because her parents do not want her on anxiolytics. The nurse recognizes that the teen understands her health education on biofeedback when she states, Biofeedback will

a. Allow me to direct my energies in an intentional way when stressed.
  b. Allow me to manipulate my stressed out joints.
  c. Help me with my thoughts, feelings, and physiological responses to stress.
  d. Let me assess and redirect my energy fields.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CharlieArnold

Answer to Question 1

C

Feedback
A Vitamin A has a role in wound healing, aiding in epithelialization, wound closure, inflammatory response, angiogenesis, and collagen formation.
B Vitamin C has a role in wound healing, aiding in collagen synthesis, capillary wall integrity, fibroblast function, and immunological function. It is also an antioxidant.
C Although it is an antioxidant, vitamin E has no known role in wound healing.
D Zinc has a role in wound healing, aiding in collagen formation, protein synthesis, and cell membrane and host defences.

Answer to Question 2

C
By using electromechanical instruments, a person can receive information or feedback on his or her stress level. Having this knowledge allows the patient to develop awareness and voluntary control over his or her physiological symptoms. Biofeedback does not address energy fields. Directing energies is therapeutic touch. Manipulation of body alignment and joints is done by a chiropractor.

jman1234

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

coreycathey

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library