This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse about a burning sensation in the epigastric area. How should the nurse ... (Read 89 times)

Tirant22

The client tells the nurse about a burning sensation in the epigastric area. How should the nurse describe this type of pain in his documentation?

a. Referred
  b. Radiating
  c. Deep visceral
  d. Superficial or cutaneous

Question 2

Which of these statements, if made by a parent, would require further instruction?

a. I should not be surprised that my teenager has so many friends.
  b. I get worried because my teenager thinks he's indestructible. He takes a lot of risks.
  c. I should cover for my school-aged child when he makes a mistake until he learns the ropes.
  d. My 10-year-old child is always hungry right after school, so I usually fix him a nutritious snack.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juiceman1987

Answer to Question 1

C
Deep or visceral pain is diffuse and may radiate in several directions. Visceral pain may be de-scribed as a burning sensation.
Referred pain is felt in a part of the body separate from the source of pain, such as with a myo-cardial infarction, in which pain may be referred to the jaw, left arm, and left shoulder.
Radiating pain feels like it is travelling down or along a body part, such as low back pain that is accompanied by pain radiating down the leg from sciatic nerve irritation.
Superficial or cutaneous pain is of short duration and is localized, as in a small cut.

Answer to Question 2

C
School and home influence growth and development, requiring adjustment by parents and by the child. The child learns to cope with rules and expectations presented by the school and by peers. Parents have to learn to allow their child to make decisions, accept responsibility, and learn from life's experiences. Teenagers typically are very social and have many friends. Adolescents seek a group identity because they need esteem and acceptance. By midadolescence, adolescents believe that they are unique and the exception, giving rise to their risk-taking behaviors. Obesity occurs because children often rush into the home after school or play and eat the most easily obtainable and appealing foods. Providing nutritious snacks is often the best way to ensure good nutritional intake.

Tirant22

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library