This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When planning patient care, a goal can be described as a. A statement describing the patient's ... (Read 122 times)

Sufayan.ah

When planning patient care, a goal can be described as

a. A statement describing the patient's accomplishments without a time restriction.
  b. A realistic statement predicting any negative responses to treatments.
  c. A broad statement describing a desired change in patient behavior.
  d. An identified long-term nursing diagnosis.

Question 2

Which of the following statements from a patient does the nurse evaluate as an indication that the patient is not ready to learn at this time?

a. I need to understand more about the reason for the colostomy.
  b. I will find out when the support group meets.
  c. There's no sense in showing me. I'm too sick right now.
  d. Tell me if I am doing this correctly.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

popopong

Answer to Question 1

C
A goal is a broad statement that describes a desired change in a patient's condition or behavior. A goal is mutually set with the patient and is time-limited, patient-centered, measurable, and realistic.

Answer to Question 2

C

Feedback
A The statement, I need to understand more about the reason for the colostomy, indicates that the patient is ready to learn and desires to find out more to gain understanding.
B The statement, I will find out when the support group meets, indicates that the patient is willing to learn.
C Readiness to learn is related to the stage of grieving. The patient's response, There's no sense in showing me. I'm too sick right now, demonstrates anger. The patient is unwilling to learn at this time. The patient has not yet reached the acceptance state of grieving in which learning can occur.
D The patient who requests feedback is expressing readiness to learn.

Sufayan.ah

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

helenmarkerine

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library