This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new mother is breast-feeding her infant. The nurse asks the mother if she is getting the correct ... (Read 51 times)

darbym82

A new mother is breast-feeding her infant. The nurse asks the mother if she is getting the correct amounts of dietary reference intakes. The nurse knows the mother understands dietary guidelines when she states:

A. I am not concerned about dietary guidelines or a strict diet.
  B. I am taking the vitamin doses according to the television advertisements.
  C. I am only taking one multiple vitamin a day and eating whatever I want.
  D. I am eating the correct amount of food according to the recommended dietary allowances and intakes.

Question 2

A patient requires toenail care. While the nurse performs nail care, the patient is instructed to always:

A. use a file to trim the nails straight across.
  B. apply a hot water bottle to the feet before foot care to soften the tissues.
  C. apply over-the-counter preparations to any foot fungus or disease.
  D. apply moist wet-to-dry dressing on any cuts and cover with socks.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

choc0chan

Answer to Question 1

D
The Food and Nutrition Board has published dietary reference intakes in response to the public use of nutritional supplements with the goal of chronic disease prevention. There are four com-ponents: estimated average requirements, recommended dietary allowances, adequate intakes, and tolerable upper intake levels.

Answer to Question 2

A
Proper soaking in warm water softens nails and thickened epidermal cells. Over-the-counter preparations sometimes cause burns and ulcerations. After performing foot care, advise patients to dry their feet and seal in the remaining moisture with a thin coat of plain petroleum jelly or unscented lotion.

darbym82

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library