This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mr. Barnes is a 64-year-old house painter who is seeing his health care provider for his annual ... (Read 6 times)

rlane42

Mr. Barnes is a 64-year-old house painter who is seeing his health care provider for his annual check-up. When the nurse asks him if he has had any problems, he tells her that he doesn't think his vision is as good as it used to be.

He states that things look more yellow than they used to. She knows that this is a visual change in older adults because the: A. iris yellows.
  B. lens yellows.
  C. pupils take longer to dilate.
  D. pupils take longer to constrict.

Question 2

William is a student nurse who is doing his community health rotation. One of his clients is a pregnant teen. William has been teaching his client about infant nutrition.

Which of the following statements indicates to William that his client needs additional teaching? A. Breast milk is all my baby will need for the first 6 months.
  B. Breast milk should be the major source of nutrition for the first year.
  C. My baby won't need as many calories per kilogram as I will.
  D. Breast-feeding my baby will decrease his chances for food allergies.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

braelync

Answer to Question 1

B
Visual changes often include reduced visual fields, increased glare sensitivity, impaired night vision, reduced accommodation, reduced depth perception, and reduced color discrimination. Many of these symptoms occur because the pupils in the older adult take longer to dilate and constrict secondary to weaker iris muscles. Color vision decreases because the retina is duller and the lens yellows.

Answer to Question 2

C
Infants need an energy intake of approximately 108 kcal/kg of body weight in the first half of infancy.

rlane42

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

Jossy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library