This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is obese. The nursing assistant takes the patient's blood pressure with a standard-size ... (Read 34 times)

a0266361136

A patient is obese. The nursing assistant takes the patient's blood pressure with a standard-size cuff. The nurse educates the assistant by stating that the use of this cuff will affect the reading with values that are:

A. accurate.
  B. indistinct.
  C. falsely low.
  D. falsely high.

Question 2

After witnessing a patient fall, a nurse fills out an occurrence report. Which of the following is the best way for the nurse to document this occurrence?

A. Patient found lying on right side on floor. No noted injuries, patient stated, I slipped on a wet spot on the floor. I don't think I am injured.'
  B. Patient slipped on a wet spot on the floor. No noted injuries, physician notified.
  C. Patient in too much of a hurry and was walking too fast and fell. Was not injured. Patient instructed to slow down and not be in such a hurry. Health care provider notified.
  D. Patient fell while going outside to smoke. Patient denied any injuries. Health care provider notified. Patient counseled.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jjorrostieta

Answer to Question 1

D
An accurate blood pressure (BP) reading will be attained when the BP cuff is 40 of the circumference of the midpoint of the limb. A falsely low BP occurs when the cuff is too wide for the limb.

Answer to Question 2

A
Objectively record the details of the event and any statements the patient makes. An example is as follows: Patient found lying on floor on right side. Abrasion on right forehead. Patient stated, I fell and hit my head.' At the time of the event, always contact the health care provider to examine the patient.

a0266361136

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ghepp

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library