This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is speaking to a client regarding his sexual history. The client states, I was born with a ... (Read 17 times)

haleyc112

The nurse is speaking to a client regarding his sexual history. The client states, I was born with a penis but I should have had a vagina. The nurse would document the client's gender identity as:

A) transsexual.
  B) homosexual.
  C) bisexual.
  D) transvestite.

Question 2

The nurse is assisting during a physical exam of a client. In regards to the genital exam, what steps does the nurse need to complete? Select all that apply.

A) Provide privacy.
  B) Instruments should be kept cold.
  C) Use careful draping of the client.
  D) Use gloves during the exam.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kaillie

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
A transsexual man views himself as a woman trapped in a man's body; the reverse is true for a female transsexual. Transvestite is an outdated term used to describe a person who dresses like someone of the opposite sex but views himself (or herself) according to his/her biological gender. Bisexuals are attracted to both males and females. Homosexuals are attracted to those of the same gender.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, C, D
Provide privacy and use careful draping. Instruments should be warm. Be sure to wear gloves during physical examination of a client's genitals.

haleyc112

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jamesnevil303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library