This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A female client presents with a report of pain and burning in the area of the vulva during ... (Read 84 times)

Mollykgkg

A female client presents with a report of pain and burning in the area of the vulva during intercourse. The nurse documents this report as:

A) vulvodynia
  B) vaginismus
  C) dyspareunia
  D) orgasmic dysfunction

Question 2

The nurse is providing education about barrier contraceptives. Which statement by the client indicates a need for further education?

A) I have to wash my cervical caps after each use.
  B) I can leave my diaphragm in for up to 48 hours.
  C) I can insert my female condoms up to 8 hours before intercourse.
  D) Male latex condoms when used correctly are an effective means of contraceptive and very effective at preventing transmission of STIs.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mrphibs

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Vulvodynia produces symptoms of burning and pain in areas of the vulva. Vaginismus is involuntary contraction of the muscles surrounding the vaginal orifice so that penetration may be impossible and very painful. Dyspareunia is painful intercourse at the vaginal opening or upon deep thrusting.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The diaphragm stays in for 8 hours after intercourse; the FemCap can stay for 48 hours. Diaphragms and cervical caps are washable and reusable. Female condoms can be inserted up to 8 hours before intercourse to avoid interrupting sexual activity. Male condoms can be made of latex, polyurethane or natural membranes. Male latex condoms when used correctly are an effective means of contraceptive and very effective at preventing transmission of STIs.

Mollykgkg

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

EAN94

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library