This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for an older adult resident in a long-term care facility. The client is crying ... (Read 56 times)

D2AR0N

The nurse is caring for an older adult resident in a long-term care facility. The client is crying and states, I don't want to live anymore.

I am a burden on everyone. I don't feel like doing anything at all. I don't even want to get up today. Which of the following should the nurse record in his charting? Select all that apply.
  A) Client is crying
  B) Client states, I don't want to live anymore. I am a burden of everyone. I don't feel like doing anything at all. I don't even want to get up today.
  C) Client seems depressed
  D) Client is suicidal
  E) Client is in a bad mood

Question 2

The client record is utilized for many purposes. Which of following might be uses for the client record? Select all that apply.

A) education of student nurses
  B) reimbursement for services
  C) research
  D) giving information over the phone when unidentified callers call the hospital unit
  E) education for medical students

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stillxalice

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B
When documenting observations of client behavior, the nurse must maintain objectivity by describing the actual behaviors, rather than attempting to interpret the behaviors. For example, the nurse should not describe the client as depressed or angry.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, B, C, E
The client medical record may be used for education, reimbursement, and research. The record is never used to give information to callers without written authorization from the client.

D2AR0N

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library