This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older adult client tells his home care nurse that he doesn't seem to sleep as well as he used to. ... (Read 38 times)

bclement10

An older adult client tells his home care nurse that he doesn't seem to sleep as well as he used to. The nurse is aware that the sleep changes that occur in the older adult client which cause a less restful sleep include:

A) a decrease in stage I of the sleep cycle.
  B) a decrease in the deep sleep stage of the sleep cycle.
  C) a change in the normal progression of the sleep cycle.
  D) an increase in stage II of the sleep cycle.

Question 2

The home care nurse is aware of the growing problem of the mistreatment of the older adult population. How many older adults in the United States are estimated to be mistreated every year?

A) 700,000 to 1.2 million
  B) 1.2 to 1.7 million
  C) 1.7 to 2.2 million
  D) 2.2 to 2.7 million

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ntsoane kedibone

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
The changes to the sleep cycle that usually occur in the older adult are an increase in stage I and a decrease in deep sleep. These changes lead to a less restful sleep and more frequent awakenings during the night.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
As of 2008 it was estimated that 700,000 to 1.2 million older adults were the victims of physical, sexual, psychological, or financial mistreatment or neglect.

bclement10

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Kedrick2014

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library