This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing to test a patient for postvoid residual with a bladder scan. Which action ... (Read 65 times)

c0205847

The nurse is preparing to test a patient for postvoid residual with a bladder scan. Which action will the nurse take?

a. Measure bladder before the patient voids.
  b. Measure bladder within 10 minutes after the patient voids.
  c. Measure bladder with head of bed raised to 60 degrees.
  d. Measure bladder with head of bed raised to 90 degrees.

Question 2

Which statement by the patient about an upcoming contrast computed tomography (CT) scan indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I will follow the food and drink restrictions as directed before the test is scheduled.
  b. I will be anesthetized so that I lie perfectly still during the procedure.
  c. I will complete my bowel prep program the night before the scan.
  d. I will be drinking a lot of fluid after the test is over.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ktidd

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Measurement should be within 10 minutes of voiding. It is a postvoid so the measurement is after the patient voids and the urine volume is recorded. Patient is supine with head slightly elevated.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Patients are not put under anesthesia for a CT scan; instead, the nurse should educate patients about the need to lie perfectly still and about possible methods of overcoming feelings of claustrophobia. The other options are correct and require no further teaching. Patients need to be assessed for an allergy to shellfish if receiving contrast for the CT scan. Bowel cleansing is often performed before CT scan. Another area to address is food and fluid restriction up to 4 hours prior to the test. After the procedure, encourage fluids to promote dye excretion.

c0205847

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library