This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a health class about the ChooseMyPlate program. Which guidelines will the ... (Read 20 times)

james

The nurse is teaching a health class about the ChooseMyPlate program. Which guidelines will the nurse include in the teaching session?

a. Balancing sodium and potassium
  b. Decreasing water consumption
  c. Increasing portion size
  d. Balancing calories

Question 2

The nurse is describing the ChooseMyPlate program to a patient. Which statement from the patient indicates successful learning?

a. I can use this to make healthy lifestyle food choices.
  b. I can use this to count specific calories of food.
  c. I can use this for my baby girl.
  d. I can use this when I am sick.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Carliemb17

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The ChooseMyPlate program includes guidelines for balancing calories; decreasing portion size; increasing healthy foods; increasing water consumption; and decreasing fats, sodium, and sugars. It does not balance sodium and potassium.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
ChooseMyPlate serves as a basic guide for making food choices for a healthy lifestyle. The ChooseMyPlate program was developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to replace the MyFoodPyramid program. It helps balance calories but does not provide specific calories of food. These guidelines are for Americans over the age of 2 years. These guidelines are provided for health, not sickness.

james

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library