This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is using the PLISSIT model when caring for a patient with dyspareunia from diminished ... (Read 10 times)

fbq8i

A nurse is using the PLISSIT model when caring for a patient with dyspareunia from diminished vaginal secretions. The nurse suggests using water-soluble lubricants. Which component of PLISSIT is the nurse using?

a. P
  b. LI
  c. SS
  d. IT

Question 2

A patient who has had several sexual partners in the past month expresses a desire to use a contraceptive. Which contraceptive method should the nurse recommend?

a. Condom
  b. Diaphragm
  c. Spermicide
  d. Oral contraceptive

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ilianabrrr

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The nurse is using the specific suggestions (SS). The PLISSIT model is as follows:
Permission to discuss sexuality issues
Limited Information related to sexual health problems being experienced
Specific Suggestionsonly when the nurse is clear about the problem
Intensive Therapyreferral to professional with advanced training if necessary

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Condoms are both a contraceptive and a barrier against STIs and HIV; proper use will greatly reduce the risk. Spermicides, diaphragms, and oral contraceptives all protect against pregnancy; however, they are not a barrier and do not prevent bodily fluids from coming in contact with the patient during sexual intercourse.

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Bigfoot1984

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library