This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is assessing the risk of intimate partner violence (IPV) for patients. Which population ... (Read 27 times)

karlynnae

A nurse is assessing the risk of intimate partner violence (IPV) for patients. Which population should the nurse focus on most for IVP?

a. White males
  b. Pregnant females
  c. Middle-aged adults
  d. Nonsubstance abusers

Question 2

A nurse is teaching young adults about health risks. Which statement from a young adult indicates a correct understanding of the teaching?

a. It's probably safe for me to start smoking. At my age, there's not enough time for cancer to develop.
  b. My mother had appendicitis so this increases my chance for developing appendicitis.
  c. Controlling the amount of stress in my life may decrease the risk of illness.
  d. I don't do drugs. I do drink coffee, but caffeine is not a drug.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jjorrostieta

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The greatest risk of violence occurs during the reproductive years. A pregnant woman has a 35.6 greater risk of being a victim of IPV than a nonpregnant woman. White males, middle-aged adults, and nonsubstance abusers are not as high risk as pregnant women.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Lifestyle habits that activate the stress response increase the risk of illness; so, controlling this will decrease risk. Smoking is a well-documented risk factor for pulmonary, cardiac, and vascular disease as well as cancer in smokers and in individuals who receive secondhand smoke. The presence of certain chronic illnesses (not acute illnessesappendicit is) in the family increases the family member's risk of developing a disease. Caffeine is a naturally occurring legal stimulant that is readily available. Caffeine stimulates catecholamine release, which, in turn, stimulates the central nervous system; it also increases gastric acid secretion, heart rate, and basal metabolic rate.

karlynnae

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library