This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is teaching parents about appropriate activities for different age groups. Which toy, if ... (Read 11 times)

lb_gilbert

A nurse is teaching parents about appropriate activities for different age groups. Which toy, if selected by the parent of a 12-month-old infant, will indicate a correct understanding of the teaching?

a. Busy box
  b. Electronic games
  c. Game requiring two to four people
  d. Small, plastic alphabet letters and magnets

Question 2

Which information from the parent of an 8-month-old infant will cause the nurse to intervene?

a. My baby rides in the front-facing car seat when I go to the grocery store.
  b. I made sure the slats on the crib were less than 2 inches apart.
  c. I removed the mobile after my baby could reach it.
  d. My baby cries every time he sees a new person.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

elyse44

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Adults facilitate infant learning by planning activities that promote the development of milestones and by providing toys that are safe for the infant to explore with the mouth and manipulate with the hands, such as rattles, wooden blocks, plastic stacking rings, squeezable stuffed animals, and busy boxes. For the toddler (not the infant), television, videos, electronic games, and computer programs help support development and learning of basic skills. Infants are not capable of participating in small group activities. By age 4, children play in groups of two or three. Adults should provide toys that are safe for the infant to explore with the mouth. Small, plastic letters and magnets could be choking hazards for an infant.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The nurse should intervene when parents let infants and toddlers ride in a front-facing car seat. All infants and toddlers should ride in a rear-facing car safety seat until they are 2 years of age or until they reach the highest weight or height allowed by the manufacturer or their car safety seat. Parents also need to inspect an older crib to make sure the slats are no more than 6 cm (2.4 inches) apart. Instruct parents to remove mobiles as soon as the infant is able to reach them. By 8 months, most infants are able to differentiate a stranger from a familiar person and respond differently to the two; this is a normal finding.

lb_gilbert

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

DylanD1323

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library