This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for an older adult patient at home who requires teaching for dressing changes. ... (Read 63 times)

cnetterville

The nurse is caring for an older adult patient at home who requires teaching for dressing changes. The spouse and adult child are also involved in changing the dressing.

Which statement by the nurse will most likely elicit a positive response from the patient and family?
  a. You're doing that all wrong. Let me show you how to do it.
  b. I don't know who showed you how to change a dressing, but you're not doing it right. Let me show you again.
  c. You're hesitant about changing the dressing like I was before I was shown an easier way; would you like to see?
  d. I used to change the dressing the same way you are doing it: the wrong way. I'll show you the right way to do it.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a patient from a motor vehicle accident. Which action by the unlicensed assistive personnel will cause the nurse to intervene?

a. Tells the family not to leave the bedside
  b. Offers the family a sandwich
  c. Gives the family a blanket
  d. Sits with the family

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Smiles0805

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
When the nurse is confident and skillful instead of coming across as an authority on the subject, the patient's/family's defenses will be down, making the patient/family more willing to listen without feeling embarrassed. Respectful communication is necessary. Saying that you're doing it wrong, you're not doing it right, or the wrong way is not respectful or necessary.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The action of telling the family not to leave is inappropriate and should be corrected. Sometimes telling the family that you will stay with their loved one while they are gone is all they need to feel comfortable in leaving. Offering a sandwich, giving a blanket, and sitting with the family are appropriate and do not require the nurse to intervene. When the victim of trauma is hospitalized, take time to make sure that the family is comfortable. You can bring them something to eat or drink, give them a blanket, or encourage them to get a meal.

cnetterville

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library