This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client tells the nurse, I am an atheist. I do not believe in God. What would be an appropriate ... (Read 14 times)

09madisonrousseau09

A client tells the nurse, I am an atheist. I do not believe in God. What would be an appropriate response by the nurse?

A) Well, I believe in God and you should, too.
  B) I respect what you choose to believe in.
  C) How can you deny the existence of God?
  D) What makes you think you are an atheist?

Question 2

A client states that his life has meaning and purpose, he feels loved, and has experienced forgiveness in his life. What is the term that describes this state of spirituality?

A) Spiritual belief
  B) Spiritual alienation
  C) Spiritual health
  D) Spiritual bliss

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macybarnes

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
An atheist is a person who denies the existence of God, guided by philosophies of living that do not include a religious faith. The atheist deserves respect for what he or she chooses to believe.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Defined most simply, spiritual health or well-being is the condition that exists when the universal spiritual needs for meaning and purpose, love and belonging, and forgiveness are met.

09madisonrousseau09

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library