This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What nursing diagnosis would be a priority for a client who has a large wound from colon surgery, is ... (Read 107 times)

Garrulous

What nursing diagnosis would be a priority for a client who has a large wound from colon surgery, is obese, and is taking corticosteroid medications?

A) Self-care Deficit
  B) Risk for Imbalanced Nutrition
  C) Anxiety
  D) Risk for Infection

Question 2

A nurse is educating a postoperative client on essential nutrition for healing. What statement by the client would indicate a need for more information?

A) I will drink a lot of orange juice and drink milk, too.
  B) I will take the zinc supplement the doctor recommended.
  C) I will restrict my diet to fats and carbohydrates.
  D) I will drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aadams68

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
Clients who are taking corticosteroid medications are at high risk for delayed healing and wound complications such as infections, because corticosteroids decrease the inflammatory process that may in turn delay healing.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Wound healing requires adequate proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Calories and proteins are necessary to rebuild cells and tissues. Vitamins C and D, zinc, and adequate fluids are also necessary for wound healing.

Garrulous

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

ricroger

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library