This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A female client is scheduled for liposuction surgery to reduce her weight. Based on urgency, how is ... (Read 14 times)

jho37

A female client is scheduled for liposuction surgery to reduce her weight. Based on urgency, how is this surgery classified?

A) Urgent
  B) Elective
  C) Emergency
  D) Emergent

Question 2

In order to prevent the possibility of venous stasis, a nurse is teaching a surgical client how to perform leg exercises. Which of the client's following statements indicates a sound understanding of leg exercises?

A) I'll practice these now and try to start them as soon as I can after my surgery.
  B) I'll try to do these lying on my stomach so that I can bend my knees more fully.
  C) I'll make sure to do these, as long as my doctor doesn't tell me to stay on bed rest after my operation.
  D) I'm pretty sure my stomach muscles are strong enough to lift both of my legs off the bed at the same time.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gcook

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
A liposuction procedure is classified as elective surgery, in which the procedure is preplanned and based on the client's choice. Other classifications are urgent (surgery is necessary for the client's health but not an emergency) and emergency (the surgery must be done immediately to preserve life, body part, or body function).

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Leg exercises should be begun as soon as possible after surgery, unless contraindications exist. Bed rest does not preclude the performance of leg exercises and the legs should be lifted individually, not simultaneously. The client should perform leg exercises in a semi-Fowler's, not prone, position.

jho37

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library