This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What statement by a client would indicate that a nurse had successfully implemented a ... (Read 25 times)

futuristic

What statement by a client would indicate that a nurse had successfully implemented a educating/learning strategy to prevent injury in the home?

A) I will turn off the outside lights and lock the doors every night.
  B) Do you think it would be best for me to buy a gun?
  C) I am going to remove all those throw rugs on the floor.
  D) Well, I always let the boys play in the bathtub; they love it.

Question 2

A nurse makes a medication error and fills out an incident report. What will the nurse do with the incident report once it is filled out?

A) Place it in the client's medical record.
  B) Take it home and keep it locked up.
  C) Maintain it according to agency policy.
  D) Include it with documentation of the error.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kingfahad97

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Nurses must evaluate the effectiveness of their interventions to promote safety and prevent injury. If the expected client outcomes have been met and evaluative criteria satisfied, the client should be able to correctly identify real and potential unsafe environmental situations, and implement safety measures in the environment.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
An accident in a health care agency requires filling out an incident report, a confidential document that objectively describes the circumstances of the accident. The incident report is not a part of the medical record and should not be mentioned in the documentation. The report is maintained by the agency.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library