This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is preparing a client for a physical assessment. The client appears anxious about the ... (Read 14 times)

skymedlock

A nurse is preparing a client for a physical assessment. The client appears anxious about the assessment. Which statement by the nurse would be most appropriate?

A) This is nothing to worry about. I won't hurt you.
  B) Some of the examination may be painful, but I will be gentle.
  C) Let me tell you what I will be doing. It should not be painful.
  D) I have to do this, so just relax and it won't last long.

Question 2

An adolescent comes to a community health clinic with complaints of vaginal itching and discharge. She believes it is from having sex with her boyfriend. Which response should the nurse use during the health history to elicit information?

A) Tell me about the sexual activity with your boyfriend.
  B) Why did you ever have sex with someone you don't know?
  C) You are old enough to know to use condoms.
  D) I don't understand how you could be so careless.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bimper21

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
The client may be anxious for many reasons. Tell the client that the assessments should not be painful. Explaining the assessment in general terms can help decrease the client's embarrassment, fear of possible abnormal physical findings, or fear of failing a test.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
The health history is used to collect subjective data about the client's health status. Nurses use therapeutic communication skills, including open-ended statements and questions that are not threatening or negative, to establish an effective nurseclient relationship that facilitates communication.

skymedlock

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library