This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is educating adolescents on how to prevent infections. What statement by one of the ... (Read 44 times)

erika

A nurse is educating adolescents on how to prevent infections. What statement by one of the adolescents indicates that more education is needed?

A) I will wash my hands before and after going to the bathroom.
  B) I don't wear a condom when I have sex, but I know my partners.
  C) I always eat fruits and vegetables, and I sleep eight hours a night.
  D) When I have an infection, I rest and take my medications.

Question 2

A client comes to the emergency department with major burns over 40 of his body. Although all of the following are true, which one would provide the rationale for a nursing diagnosis of Risk for Infection?

A) Stress may adversely affect normal defense mechanisms.
  B) White blood cells provide resistance to certain pathogens.
  C) Intact skin and mucous membranes protect against microbial invasion.
  D) Age, race, sex, and hereditary factors influence susceptibility to infection.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
Sensible nutrition, adequate rest and exercise, and good personal hygiene habits can help maintain optimum body function and immune response. Unsafe sex practices are potentially dangerous and provide an opportunity for pathogens to enter a host and cause an infection.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Intact skin and mucous membranes provide resistance to certain pathogens. A major burn of 40 of the body provides multiple portals of entry for pathogens.

erika

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

abro1885

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library