This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Nursing students need to learn to nurse themselves in order to prepare to be professional nurses. ... (Read 221 times)

saliriagwu

Nursing students need to learn to nurse themselves in order to prepare to be professional nurses. Which activities would fail to prepare nursing students for the delivery of nursing care?

A) Time management, communication, and establishing a support system.
  B) Establishing a support system, a sense of humor, and self-awareness.
  C) Self-awareness, preparation for crisis, and stress management.
  D) A sense of humor, anticipation of loss, and developing negative body image.

Question 2

The nurse is assessing a client with a diagnosis of hypertension. The client's blood pressure is 178/88, an increase from 134/78 at the previous clinic visit. The nurse asks the client what has changed from the previous visit.

Which client statement identifies a potential factor interfering with the plan of care?

A) My husband has been ill and I don't have anyone to help me care for him.
  B) I have learned to prepare foods differently so they are low in fat.
  C) My neighbor walks with me around the neighborhood every morning.
  D) I have been taking my hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDIURIL) every day.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

parker125

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D

Activities that would prepare nursing students for the delivery of nursing care include time management, communication, establishing a support system, self-awareness, stress management, a sense of humor, and preparation for crisis and loss. Negative body image is not desired.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A

Common factors that contribute to a client not following the plan of care include lack of family support, inability to afford treatment, limited access to treatment, and adverse physical or emotional effects of treatment. The burden of caring for her husband may be placing stress on the client, and causing her blood pressure to be elevated despite engaging in health promotion and blood pressure-lowering activities.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library