This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client, unsure of the need for surgery, asks the nurse, What should I do? What answer by the nurse ... (Read 48 times)

imanialler

A client, unsure of the need for surgery, asks the nurse, What should I do? What answer by the nurse is based on advocacy?

A) If I were you, I sure would not have this surgical procedure.
  B) Gosh, I don't know what I would do if I were you.
  C) Tell me more about what makes you think you don't want surgery.
  D) Let me talk to your doctor and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Question 2

A nurse is concerned about the practice of routinely ordering a battery of laboratory tests for clients who are admitted to the hospital from a long-term care facility.

An appropriate source in handling this ethical dilemma would be which of the following?

A) The client's family
  B) The admitting physician
  C) The nurse in charge of the unit
  D) The institutional ethics committee

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Christopher

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Nurses as advocates must realize that they do not make ethical decisions for their clients. Rather, they facilitate clients' decision-making by interpreting findings, informing cliients of various aspects to be considered, helping clients verbalize and organize their feelings, calling in others involved in the decision making, and helping clients assess all their options in relation to their beliefs.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
Many health care institutions have developed ethics committees whose functions include education, policymaking, case review, and consultation. These committees are multidisciplinary and provide a forum where divergent views can be discussed without fear of repercussion.

imanialler

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

rleezy04

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library