This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An woman 80 years of age states, I have successfully raised my family and had a good life. This ... (Read 13 times)

D2AR0N

An woman 80 years of age states, I have successfully raised my family and had a good life. This statement illustrates meeting which basic human need?

A) Safety and security
  B) Love and belonging
  C) Self-esteem
  D) Self-actualization

Question 2

During the course of assessing the family structure and behaviors of a pediatric patient's family, the nurse has identified a number of highly significant risk factors.

Which of the following actions should the nurse prioritize when addressing these risk factors?

A) Engage in appropriate health promotion activities.
  B) Validate the family's unique way of being.
  C) Enlist the help of community and social support.
  D) Introduce the family to another family that possesses fewer risk factors.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ryhom

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
The highest level on the hierarchy of basic human needs is for self-actualization, which includes acceptance of self and others, reaching one's full potential, and feelings of happiness and affection for others.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
The role of the nurse in reducing risk factors involves activities that promote health for all family members at any level of development. This consideration supersedes the importance of validating the family's current way of being or enlisting the help of others. Introducing the family to a model family is ethically and logistically questionable.

D2AR0N

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

parshano

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library