This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which characteristic of self-esteem will make it difficult for the nurse to plan interventions for a ... (Read 12 times)

BrownTown3

Which characteristic of self-esteem will make it difficult for the nurse to plan interventions for a client?

1. Low motivation to improve
  2. The focus is on problems
  3. Express disinterest in working on improvement
  4. Not satisfied with personal situation

Question 2

Which statement should the nurse make first when assessing the client's self-concept?

1. Describe yourself as a person.
  2. Tell me about your family.
  3. Describe what you do when you have free time.
  4. Tell me about the work you do.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lin77x

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: There is no evidence to support that the client is not motivated to improve.
Rationale 2: Clients with low self-esteem often have difficulty identifying strengths and focus more on their limitations and problems.
Rationale 3: There is no evidence to support that the client is not interested in working on improvement.
Rationale 4: There is no evidence to support that the client is dissatisfied with current situation.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: The first information the nurse gathers when assessing self-concept should focus on the client's personal identity (Describe yourself as a person).
Rationale 2: Tell me about your family assesses role performance.
Rationale 3: What do you do when you have free time assesses social role.
Rationale 4: Tell me about the kind of work do you do assesses work role.

BrownTown3

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library