This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse can identify movement into Kohlberg's postconventional level when the client, after being ... (Read 15 times)

tuffie

The nurse can identify movement into Kohlberg's postconventional level when the client, after being asked about work, makes this statement:

1. Oh, the work isn't so bad anymore. I'm getting close to retirement.
  2. Work is fine, but my family and friends are so much more important to me.
  3. I've done a good job for the company. I'm proud of my years there.
  4. I don't like to talk about work when I'm not there.

Question 2

The nurse is assisting in a community health project for middle-aged adults attempting to identify which members of the community have been successful in the tasks identified by Erikson. The nurse look for the :?

1. Ability to have satisfaction in their volunteer activities
  2. Ability to find an acceptable social group
  3. Satisfaction with rearing children
  4. Ability to manage a home

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: According to Kohlberg, the extensive experience of personal moral choice and responsibility is required to move into the postconventional level. A statements about work not being so bad shows a complacency about work that is not reflective of the postconventional level.
Rationale 2: According to Kohlberg, the extensive experience of personal moral choice and responsibility is required to move into the postconventional level. Movement from a law-and-order orientation to a social contract orientation requires that the individual move to a stage in which rights of others take precedenceas in the statement that work is OK, but family and friends are more important.
Rationale 3: Stating that the person has pride about work and the time spent doing it would be an example of Erikson's stage of integrity versus despair.
Rationale 4: According to Kohlberg, the extensive experience of personal moral choice and responsibility is required to move into the postconventional level. A statement about not wanting to talk about work shows a complacency about work that is not reflective of the postconventional level.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Erikson identifies this stage as generativity versus stagnation. Generative middle-aged persons are able to feel a sense of comfort in their lifestyle and receive gratification from charitable endeavors.
Rationale 2: Erikson identifies this stage as generativity versus stagnation. This option identifies tasks associated with the young adult stage.
Rationale 3: Erikson identifies this stage as generativity versus stagnation. This option identifies tasks associated with the young adult stage.
Rationale 4: Erikson identifies this stage as generativity versus stagnation. This option identifies tasks associated with the young adult stage.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library