This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is working in a clinic setting and is meeting a new client for the first time. In order to ... (Read 23 times)

jc611

The nurse is working in a clinic setting and is meeting a new client for the first time. In order to convey cultural sensitivity, the nurse should introduce herself in the following way:

1. I'm Jane, and I'll be your nurse today.
  2. I'm Dr. Smith's nurse, Jane.
  3. I'm Jane Brown, and I'm a nurse here at the clinic.
  4. I'm glad to meet you. You can call me Jane.

Question 2

A community health nurse is exploring the concept of heritage consistency among clients the nurse works with. Which of the following examples are indicative of heritage consistency? (Select all that apply.)

1. A client frequently visits the old neighborhood in the United States.
  2. A client was raised by a single parent.
  3. The client's childhood development occurred in an immigrant neighborhood.
  4. The client participates in religious festivals and cultural events.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ynlevi

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: The appropriate introduction should include introducing themselves by full name, then explaining their role. This helps establish a relationship and provides an opportunity for clients, others, and nurses to learn the pronunciation of one another's names and their roles. This option does not fulfill these requirements.
Rationale 2: The appropriate introduction should include introducing themselves by full name, then explaining their role. This helps establish a relationship and provides an opportunity for clients, others, and nurses to learn the pronunciation of one another's names and their roles. This option does not fulfill these requirements.
Rationale 3: Ways for nurses to be culturally sensitive and to convey sensitivity to clients include introducing themselves by full name, then explaining their role. This helps establish a relationship and provides an opportunity for clients, others, and nurses to learn the pronunciation of one another's names and their roles.
Rationale 4: The appropriate introduction should include introducing themselves by full name, then explaining their role. This helps establish a relationship and provides an opportunity for clients, others, and nurses to learn the pronunciation of one another's names and their roles. This option does not fulfill these requirements.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,3,4

jc611

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library