This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client states: I really don't want anyone to visit me who has not been cleared by me first. If ... (Read 64 times)

brutforce

The client states: I really don't want anyone to visit me who has not been cleared by me first. If utilizing SOAP format, this statement would be documented under which category?

1. Subjective data
  2. Objective data
  3. Assessment
  4. Planning

Question 2

A client has specific cultural needs in regard to the plan of care. This information would be found in which of the following?

1. Database
  2. Problem list
  3. Plan of care
  4. Progress notes

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mochi09

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Subjective data consist of information obtained from what the client says. When possible, the nurse quotes the client's words; otherwise, they are summarized.
Rationale 2: Objective data consist of information that is measured or observed.
Rationale 3: Assessment is the interpretation or conclusion drawn about the subjective and objective data. This is the area where the problems are documented initially. Then the client's condition and level of progress are subsequently described.
Rationale 4: Planning is the care designed to resolve the problem.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: The database includes information about the client when admitted to the facility.
Rationale 2: The problem list is derived from the database and is usually kept at the front of the chart. The problem list serves as an index to the numbered entries in the progress notes. All caregivers contribute to the problem list, which includes the client's physiologic, psychologic, social, cultural, spiritual, developmental, and environmental needs.
Rationale 3: The plan of care is made with reference to the active problems.
Rationale 4: Progress notes are chart entries made by all health professionals involved in a client's care.

brutforce

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library