This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an assessment interview, the nurse understands that the client has decided not to take the ... (Read 18 times)

debasdf

During an assessment interview, the nurse understands that the client has decided not to take the physician's advice about an elective surgical procedure. The client shares that this is just not part of what I have in mind for my life's goals.

This would fall into which of Gordon's functional health patterns?
  1. Cognitive/perceptual pattern
  2. Coping/stress-tolerance pattern
  3. Health-perception/health-management pattern
  4. Value/belief pattern

Question 2

A nursing student is meeting an assigned client for the first time. In order to begin the establishment of rapport, the best statement by the student is:

1. Hello, I'm your nursing student and I'll be helping to take care of you today.
  2. You're lucky, you have students and nurses taking care of you today.
  3. Good morning, is there anything you need right now?
  4. Hi. If you need anything, either your nurse or I will get it for you.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kescobar@64

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale: The value/belief pattern describes the patterns of values, beliefs (including spiritual), and goals that guide the client's choices or decisions. The client in this situation has decided against a surgical procedure because it doesn't coincide with the client's beliefs and goals. Cognitive perceptual patterns describe sensory-perceptual and cognitive patterns. Coping/stress-tolerance patterns describe the client's general coping pattern and the effectiveness of the patterns in terms of stress tolerance. Health-perception/health-management pattern describes the client's perceived pattern of health and well-being and how health is managed.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale: Establishing rapport is a process of creating goodwill and trust and usually begins with a greeting and self-introduction, accompanied by nonverbal gestures such as a smile, a handshake, and a friendly manner. Telling a hospitalized client he or she is lucky is probably not the best therapeutic comment. Making introductions, especially offering the use of name, is especially good in establishing rapport.

debasdf

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library