This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A prostate biopsy is an acceptable procedure to be performed as an ambulatory surgery on an ... (Read 15 times)

sc00by25

A prostate biopsy is an acceptable procedure to be performed as an ambulatory surgery on an otherwise healthy adult male because the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) consid-ers that a:

1. Physical status class 1
  2. Physical status class 2
  3. Physical status class 4
  4. Physical status class 5

Question 2

Which of the following statements made by a nurse reflects the greatest insight into the responsi-bility an ambulatory care nurse has to the client's family?

1. A client's family deserves the attention of the nursing staff.
  2. Family is important to my client, and so family is important to me.
  3. I consider myself as having several clients: the surgical client and all the family that's present.
  4. I am responsible for keeping the family informed of the status of their loved one both during and after the procedure.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amit

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
ASA physical status classes 1 and 2 and also stable class 3 are now acceptable for ambulatory surgery. Classes 4 and 5 require inpatient surgery.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Family members attempt to provide support through their presence but face many of the same stressors as the client. You need to effectively communicate with the client and family; they are clients as well.

sc00by25

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library