This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: On the client's admission to the hospital, the nurse notes that the client has halitosis, and when ... (Read 62 times)

urbanoutfitters

On the client's admission to the hospital, the nurse notes that the client has halitosis, and when assessing the client, the nurse notes that the client has poor oral hygiene with several discolored teeth.

The client shares he does not regularly brush or floss his teeth. The best reply from the nurse is:
  1. You should brush and floss regularly.
  2. Do you know that poor dental hygiene can lead to diseases beyond dental dis-ease?
  3. I'll get you a toothbrush and toothpaste that you can take home with you once you leave the hospital.
  4. Let me show you how to properly brush your teeth.

Question 2

The nursing assistive personnel reports to the nurse that the client refuses to wear deodorant after the bath. The nurse's best answer to the nursing assistive personnel is:

1. I noticed that the client really had bad body odor when I assessed her.
  2. The client is Eastern European; some social groups don't wear deodorant.
  3. Perhaps the client doesn't like our brand of deodorant.
  4. I'll try to talk with the client to get her to put on the deodorant.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

peter

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Answer 2 provides the client with information regarding why it is important to him to brush and floss regularly. Answer 1 is a true statement, but the client probably knows that he should brush and floss regularly; the nurse can go from there and explain why he should. Although An-swer 3 gives the client the equipment he needs, it does not provide him with any motivation to follow through. It is good for the nurse to demonstrate the skill of brushing and flossing, but that may not increase compliance by the client.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Some social groups do not wear deodorant or cosmetics. The nurse should not be judgmental re-garding hygiene practices of different cultures. Answer 3 could be the issue, but the client did not ask the nursing assistive personnel if there were other types of deodorants that they could choose from. There is no need for the client to be coerced to put on deodorant, but is a personal choice that should be respected.

urbanoutfitters

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

essyface1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library