This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is the single most negative factor affecting a nurse's credibility? 1. ... (Read 17 times)

tatyanajohnson

Which of the following is the single most negative factor affecting a nurse's credibility?

1. Deficient technical skills
  2. Unethical or illegal behavior
  3. Lack of caring and empathy
  4. Poor nurse-client communication

Question 2

Which of the following statements best reflects the client's positive feedback to the nurse's ques-tion, Do you understand how to check your blood sugar?

1. Nodding affirmatively
  2. I test it 4 times a day.
  3. Yes, I understand how to do it.
  4. Demonstrating a fingerstick to the nurse

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

durant1234

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
Breakdown in communication is a top contributor to errors in the workplace and threatens pro-fessional credibility. The remaining options affect credibility but not to the extent that poor communication does.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
Feedback is the message the receiver returns. It indicates whether the receiver understood the meaning of the sender's message. Demonstrating the technique is the best way to show the nurse an understanding of the process. The other options either nonverbally or verbally indicate under-standing; they are not as conclusive as showing understanding.

tatyanajohnson

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

triiciiaa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library