This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements reflects a nurse's need for further instructions regarding an ... (Read 17 times)

s.tung

Which of the following statements reflects a nurse's need for further instructions regarding an incident report?

1. I hope this incident report will help determine a way to help prevent falls.
  2. Risk management will want to review the incident report on the client's fall.
  3. I put the incident report on the client's fall in his chart as soon as I was fin-ished.
  4. I need to review the guidelines before I fill out this incident report regarding the client's fall.

Question 2

While working as a nursing assistant, a nursing student is asked to reinsert a Foley catheter by the RN. Which of the following reflects the most appropriate initial student response to the request?

1. Notify the nursing supervisor of the inappropriate request.
  2. Tell the RN that she can only perform as a nursing assistant.
  3. Agree to perform the task but with the supervision of the RN.
  4. Jointly read the nursing assistant job description with the RN.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

hugthug12

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
The report is confidential and separate from the medical record. The remaining options reflect an understanding about incident reports.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
When students work as nursing assistants or nurses' aides, they should not perform tasks that do not appear in a job description for a nurses' aide or assistant. The remaining options do not ap-propriately address the immediate situation.

s.tung

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library