This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse holds a client's hand during a painful procedure. This action shows a positive act ... (Read 34 times)

penza

The nurse holds a client's hand during a painful procedure. This action shows a positive act to-wards the client that is referred to as:

1. Veracity
  2. Fidelity
  3. Beneficence
  4. Nonmaleficence

Question 2

Which of the following statements made by a terminally ill client reflects the best understanding of the purpose of a living will?

1. It will make sure my wishes are respected.
  2. My family won't be burdened with making those hard decisions.
  3. I don't want strangers making those kinds of decisions for me.
  4. I can make my wishes known while I still have the ability to express them.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ilianabrrr

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Beneficence refers to taking positive actions to help others. The practice of beneficence encour-ages the urge to do good for others. The agreement to act with beneficence also requires that the best interests of the client remain more important than self-interest. The remaining options reflect truthfulness, keeping true to a promise, and doing no harm.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
A living will is an advance directive, prepared when the individual is competent and able to make and communicate personal decisions, regarding specific instructions about end-of-life care. The remaining options represent motivation for implementing a living will.

penza

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

coreycathey

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library