This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements regarding utilization of personnel made by a new graduate nurse ... (Read 14 times)

student77

Which of the following statements regarding utilization of personnel made by a new graduate nurse requires immediate follow-up by the nurse's mentor?

1. My LPN is really good with dressings, so I usually delegate them to her.
  2. I always take the time to ambulate a post op client the first time out of bed.
  3. I always try to help my nursing assistant with the clients who require a total bed bath.
  4. I have my nursing assistant take and document all vital signs and intake and outputs.

Question 2

Which of the following nursing actions is most likely a result of the nurse's clinical experience?

1. Placing an immobile client on a turning schedule
  2. Always assessing a client's IV site before hanging a new bag of fluid
  3. Requesting that the nursing assistant have vital signs recorded by 0815
  4. Administering a pain medication 30 minutes before changing a burn dressing

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

chereeb

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
The nurse is responsible for determining whether to perform an intervention or to delegate it to another member of the nursing team. Assessment of a client directs the decision about delegation and not the intervention alone. Vital signs are important indicators of a client's health status and the task should be delegated to ancillary personnel only when the client is in a stable condition; otherwise, the nurse should be responsible. The other options reflect responsible assignment of personnel.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
As a nurse gains clinical experience, he or she will be able to consider which interventions have worked previously, which have not, and why. The decision to check each IV site has become a practice standard for this nurse as a result of previous experiences with IV sites. The remaining options are either standards of care or facility/unit standards.

student77

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

dawsa925

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library