This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has determined that the assessment data have resulted in a strong inference that the ... (Read 16 times)

roselinechinyere27m

The nurse has determined that the assessment data have resulted in a strong inference that the client is suffering from depression. Which of the following client responses to nursing questions best supports the possibility of depression?

(Select all that apply.)
  1. My work environment would depress anyone.
  2. It seems like almost anything can make me cry.
  3. Being here away from my family makes me sad.
  4. I just can't seem to get excited about anything anymore.
  5. The family always thought that my father was depressed.
  6. I like winter because I can just cover up on the couch and sleep.

Question 2

Which of the following statements made by the nurse should be included in the orientation phase of a nursing interview? (Select all that apply.)

1. You're answers will be kept confidential.
  2. My name is Susan Smith and I'm a registered nurse.
  3. We are here to make your hospitalization as pleasant as possible.
  4. I need to ask you some questions that will help with planning your care.
  5. Only those directly involved in your care will have access to this information.
  6. If there is anything you need or help you require simply use your call bell and someone will be right in.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asdfghjkl;

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4, 5
I just can't seem to get excited about anything anymore and The family always thought that my father was depressed. Remember to always have supporting cues before you make an infer-ence. These options relate a broad lack of interest in life and a family history of depression. While mentioning My work environment would depress anyone as a depressing situation, this option does not infer personal depression. While mentioning It seems like almost anything can make me cry as a potential sign of depression, this option is not a strong inference because crying can be a result of other emotions. While mentioning Being here away from my family makes me sad notes sadness, this option describes a normal reaction to being separated from loved ones. While mentioning I like winter because I can just cover up on the couch and sleep shows withdrawal behaviors, this option is not a strong inference because winter often evokes stay-at-home tenden-cies in people.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1, 2, 4, 5
The orientation phase begins with you introducing yourself and your position and explaining the purpose of the interview. Explain to clients why you are collecting data (e.g., for a nursing histo-ry or for a focused assessment) and assure them that any information obtained will remain confi-dential and will be used only by health care professionals.
The statements We are here to make your hospitalization as pleasant as possible and I need to ask you some questions that will help with planning your care are more appropriate for the ter-mination phase.

roselinechinyere27m

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

jordangronback

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library