This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a 35-year-old client who is 12 hours post mastectomy. The care assistant ... (Read 26 times)

nevelica

A nurse is caring for a 35-year-old client who is 12 hours post mastectomy. The care assistant re-ports that the client is crying. Which of the following responses by the nurse best reflects the use of analysis regarding this client's care needs?

1. That surgery is painful. I'll get her pain medication ready.
  2. She was sleeping when I checked 15 minutes ago. I'll go back in right now.
  3. I'll be responsible for her PM care so I can spend some uninterrupted time with her.
  4. A mastectomy is a blow to a woman's self image. I'll notify her provider that she is depressed.

Question 2

A clinical nursing instructor asks the nursing students to describe a critical thinker. Which of the following represents the best response?

1. A person with the educational background to solve problems.
  2. A person who finds the problem and does what is best to fix it.
  3. It's someone who uses the scientific method to solve problems.
  4. Someone who uses a system to work through and solve a problem.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dominic

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Analysis requires being opened-minded as you look at information about a client. Do not make careless assumptions. Do the data reveal what you believe is true, or are there other options? Although pain may be the cause of this client's tears, there are other possible reasons, so making an assumption is not appropriate. Although Answer 3 shows the nurse's intention to analyze the client's needs, the delay is not appropriate. While the client may be experiencing some depres-sion, there are other possible reasons for the tears and so the nurse should not assume.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
A critical thinker considers what is important in a situation, imagines and explores alternatives, considers ethical principles, and then makes informed decisions. Educational background may have an impact on critical thinking but it is not the primary or sole factor to consider. Although the scientific method is often used in critical thinking it is neither the only method nor the sole factor to consider. While an orderly method is used in critical thinking, it is not the only factor to consider.

nevelica

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jamesnevil303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library