Author Question: The nurse is preparing an educational program for members of the local senior center. Which of the ... (Read 20 times)

Melani1276

The nurse is preparing an educational program for members of the local senior center. Which of the following topics would present the greatest learning challenge for this developmental group?

1. Exercising arthritic joints
  2. Tips for living with GERD
  3. Importance of the human touch
  4. Principles of heart-healthy eating

Question 2

Which statement made by an older adult would reflect the best understanding of the nutritional guidelines for this age-group?

1. I can prepare grilled chicken at least 10 different, delicious ways.
  2. When I entertain, I serve healthy foods like veggies and low-fat dip.
  3. I know I need to eat nutritiously, and I have certainly been doing better.
  4. I take seriously the suggestions my health team gives me on healthy eating.

bfulkerson77

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Of the available topics, Importance of the human touch is possibly the most abstract in nature. Older adults are lifelong learners, but concrete rather than abstract material appears to be a better choice for the learning style of most older adults. This option is concrete in nature and so a better choice for the learning style of most older adults. This option is concrete in nature and so a better choice for the learning style of most older adults. This option is concrete in nature and so a better choice for the learning style of most older adults.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
This option shows an understanding of healthy eating as well as a commitment to incorporating this knowledge into everyday living. While this is a good option, it is not as encompassing re-garding knowledge and commitment as other options. This option leaves some doubt as to how committed the client really is to nutritional eating. While this is a good option, it is not as en-compassing regarding knowledge and commitment as other options.